Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including our Site, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Site.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you buy products on our Site.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Site. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
We collect information stored in your social media profile that you authorize us to access when you use your social media profile to enact features on the Sites, such as the ability to pre-populate our registration form or a job application. WSI provides software applications (“Apps”) available to the public. If you decide to download one of our Apps, we will collect your profile information, including your social network site user ID, work email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names.
In addition, when you visit our Site or use our Apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Site.
- Dates and times of visits to our Site.
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Site.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Site.
- Inform you of relevant products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Site.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce our Site’s Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Site (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Site. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Additionally, we may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data about our users and use such anonymous Aggregate Data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and other information (such as product/service interest) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. For example, a vendor may purchase a report from WSI that states the number of visitors interested in a particular type of product or service that live within a certain geographic area. All such reports sold only contain Aggregate Data which cannot be used to identify any individuals.
Other than instances where users opt to publicly post their Personal Information to our user database, provide it via a Site form, include it in a forum posting or otherwise provide permission to share it, we do not sell our users' Personal Information to anyone for any reason. When posting information, our users decide for themselves how much contact information they wish to display. All users should be aware, however, that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public post) via the Site or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties, for which WSI is not responsible.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
WSI also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of WSI or other users of the Site.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of WSI.
Posting on the Site puts you in front of vendors with open opportunities each day. When you post as a registered Site user, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Site in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing posts.
This option gives you the most visibility to the broadest vendor audience possible by making your posts searchable in our Site database. If you select this option, any registered vendor user who purchases access to the database can view your posts and contact details (to the extent you include them in your registration or posts).
Private Posting For Apply Online Only
This option allows you to post your resume on the Site without having it searchable by or viewable to vendors. The benefit is that you can quickly and easily apply for opportunities without retyping your information, and you provide your information only to those vendors you are specifically interested in.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying vendor, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use of posts by third parties who access such posts while they are in our searchable database. You may remove any of your posts from our searchable database at any time. However, vendors who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your posts in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of posts or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your resume.
A “cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon," is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
We may use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Site or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Site using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and WSI encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. WSI does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
Our Site does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. However, to help prevent and limit the automatic collection of information by any participating third party advertisers, including the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services, you may opt-out of such collection by clicking the Ad Choices icon located within the ad, by accessing the “about ads” opt-out site, or by accessing the NAI opt-out site. Please note that this opt-out is cookie-based. If you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete this cookie, you will need to perform the opt-out task again. To obtain instructions regarding deleting or disabling cookies from third party advertising companies that are not members of the About Ads or NAI self-regulatory behavioral ad opt-out groups, please click here.
In addition, some of the vendors that use our Site may place cookies on your computer through their product or service postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, vendors use such information to track the effectiveness of their postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became purchasers. Check your browser settings to learn about deleting or disabling cookies.
You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may also delete your account, including your Personal Information and any post from our databases at any time by logging in to your account and making an account deletion request. Deleting your account will remove your Personal Information and posts from our databases. However, if you have expressed interest in a product or service in the past, that particular vendor may still be able to access relevant information. Further, you will not be able to delete data held by third parties that already have accessed and downloaded your information. In addition, we will retain anonymous Aggregate Data for uses described above. Please allow up to thirty days to process your account deletion request.
Our Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by WSI. In addition, if you are using our App through a social networking site, remember that our Apps may be served by or hosted by other sites. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by WSI, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
When we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. Further, users who access your information, such as potential vendors, also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information.
WSI maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Site.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your WSI account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Site. Please note that we will never ask for your WSI account user name or password via email.
You should use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide prospective vendors.
DO NOT PROVIDE SENSITIVE INFORMATION, SUCH AS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.
WSI’s Site is open to the public, and we cannot guarantee that all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information they seek.
Do not provide your social security number, national identification number or any state, provincial or other local identification number to a prospective vendor via online application. Identity thieves may attempt to trick you into providing sensitive information. Do not provide any non-transaction related personal information (i.e., your social security number or any other state or national identification number, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
For additional details regarding How To Spot Fraud Online, please click here.
We use secure socket layer (or “SSL") technology to protect credit card transactions. The SSL technology encrypts credit card numbers while in transit so that they are not intercepted by unintended third parties.
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of any of the Sites, you can request a copy of this information from WSI by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to WSI at 222 Broadway FL 19, New York, New York 10038, Attention: Customer Support. Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Effective Date: March 1, 2017